Friday, December 7, 2007

"snakes in my bed!"

The other night Ella woke up screaming that there were snakes in her bed. The poor girl was thrashing around, convinced they were slithering around her legs. She refused to sleep in her bed that night and insisted on sleeping on the couch. As she was walking to the living room she started screaming again. Apparently the snakes were all over on the ground too. So, I don't know if she was actually awake, or sleep walking, but she was seriously tip-toeing on the carpet to avoid the snakes. I felt so bad for her, but on the other hand, I couldn't help but laugh.

She finally settled down and fell asleep again.

The next morning, after I told my boss, he asked me if I had let her watch "Snakes on a Plane." Not that I was planning to, but definately not now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Ella! I remember always having a similar fear when I was a kid. I never dreamed it, just feared that snakes were on the floor around my bed. So I never allowed my arms or feet to hang off the bed.
By the way, you sure added a festive look to the Santa and girls photo; it sort of adds emotion to the non-emotion shown by the girls' faces. Mom

Melissa and Dave said...

The girls look so excited to be with santa :) I like the new layout!

Melissa and Dave said...

I love that picture of the kids...If you get some time will you email it to me? Thanks!

Momma Twitch said...

Poor Ella. Brianna did the same thing, but with spiders. It was good to see you guys today!

LITTLE MISS said...

Oh poor thing!! I can totally empathize with little Ella!! I am terrified of snakes, even earthworms come pretty close--

my advice? get her used to snakes at a young age (otherwise it will just get worse, trust me!)

otherwise you better start saving now for the therapy she'll need in 10 years...

Melissa and Dave said...

I tagged you. See my blog for the instructions. I hope you all start feeling better SOON!!!!!!