Monday, August 11, 2008

the summer of denise

I just got back from LA for the Breaking Dawn concert, and to all those Twilight fans out there, it was so much fun! Geeky fun, but fun! Justin Furstenfeld (from Blue October) sang the acoustic versions of the songs Stephenie selected. She would first tell the audience what part of the book she had in mind and then he would play. So cool.

Then she had a Q&A and she had a lot of interesting things to say about the 4th book. Which by the way, I LOVED Breaking Dawn and, in fact, teared up at the end. Sigh. I shall miss dear Edward and dear Jacob. (I'm one of those who still thinks she should have both...) Oh, and lastly she had a book signing.

Anyway, I stayed in a really cool, modern hotel and hung out at the pool most of the time. (I had to include a photo below. It was on the roof of the hotel in downtown LA. Very hip place to hang out at night!) I did take a drive to Santa Monica too just 'cause I love the ocean so much.

Lastly, did I happen to mention I was alone, again? It was fabulous! This summer will always be known to me as "the summer of Denise" and I'm sad to see it go. Indeed, I have no more alone trips planned and Jason asked that I stay home once-in-a-while. I suppose that's the clue I've been gone too much!

It has been a wild and crazy summer but I have loved every minute of it. And so, a moment of silence for the passing of The Summer of Denise....


7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.

Alissa said...

I am so jealous! You got to go to that! Robbie doesn't understand why it would have been nice to spend out small student loan money on going to Seattle for that concert, but oh well. That is so cool that you were able to go!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great -- lotsa fun. I predict a fall and winter of Denise.

THEY called today...I told THEM awful things about you.

Wendy said...

Hello,

My name is William Hadley(under my wife's account, who randomly stumbled onto your blog). Have you done any family history on the Hadley name? My son is very similar to your oldest daughter in his educational abilities. He is 3and half now. We also have a 13 month old little girl. How old are your kids? We live in Atlanta, Georgia. I am originally from the Los Angeles area.

wdhadley@hotmail.com

Wendy Niceler said...

OHMYGOSH!! I can't believe you got to go to that concert!! I am so jealous!! But seriously that is just sooo awesome!! And it is always fun to have another friend just as addicted to the Twilight Saga as me!! You may have sent me the link to your blog in the past but I would love for you to email me it again. Good catching up with you on your blog.
Wendy Niceler

Dr Purva Pius said...

My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS