Thursday, December 2, 2010

reflecting

I've been sitting here for the last two hours looking at friends blogs. Something I haven't done in probably a year. I'm amazed at the beautiful photos, thoughtful insight, and overall liveliness of their sites/lives.

I can't help but wonder:

Why am I so busy? Am I truly living or just going through the motions of what I'm supposed to do? What will my girls remember most about their childhood? What do I want them to remember? What can I change?

I feel like an artist without color.

Things are going to change.

3 comments:

The Browns said...

I was excited to see that you posted something on your blog. I think your post is very insightful. Good luck in finding the answers to your questions. Isn't it amazing how much kids change our lives and our priorities?! They are wonderful teachers. Miss you,
Kristen (Wheelwright) Brown

Kimberly said...

I've been worrying about the EXACT SAME THING as I read some of my friends' blogs. I have so little time with Ami, and in that time I do have, what do I spend it doing? Usually getting after his case about things. So many things I want to change about how we interact. It's good to have goals; just don't get too caught up in comparing! (Something I continually do...)

LeFiffre said...

Wait. Stop. You blogged?

Okay, srsly, before you start making lists and New Years resolutions, why not start out simply...and then quit:
1. Mom loves life and knows how to have fun.
2. Mom really enjoys being with us.
3. The world is full of serious, heavy mojo and she didn't let any of it get her down.
4. Mom is a designer through and through and someday I'll find something as important and fun for me.

You can teach them three foreign languages and Bach sonatas by the time they're 12, and know what they'll remember? That time you made grilled cheese sandwiches at midnight.

Just sayin'.