Thursday, June 26, 2008

alone...but loving it!

So I went to L.A. this past weekend for my friend's wedding. I haven't actually seen her for eight years; mostly because she's an actress and always filming everywhere and I've been busy with my career then motherhood, etc. Anyway, it was so much fun to see her! We met back when we were about 12 years old and have kept in touch over the years.

Here's a photo at her rehearsal dinner:But mainly why I'm mentioning this is because I took the trip by myself! No kids, no husband, no job; just ME! And what a fabulous trip it was: parties, cocktail dresses, amazing dinners, beautiful hotels, run-ins with celebrities, and margaritas on the beach.

I was reading an article about a married couple who take trips apart once a year or so. Not just apart, but alone. That is, of course, in addition to trips together and with the family. And now, after my fabulous getaway to Santa Monica, I can see why! I think I'm gonna need another weekend like this again. Maybe next summer....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but it's hard to tell...which one in the photo is the movie star?

Momma Twitch said...

If only!