Tuesday, September 9, 2008

it begins

I started my new job yesterday and I think I'll really like it. I'm now working at Stampin Up! as their new Web Design Manager. The company seems really great and the people there are so nice.

We hired a nanny and she is, so far, absolutely wonderful! When I get home at night the girls are fed and happy so I get to play with them before bedtime and we really enjoy being with each other. And I get such a huge welcome home hug from them! (Something you don't get much of when you're with them all day!)

Ella also started school last week and she absolutely loves it! She only goes twice a week and it still doesn't seem to be enough. And if school weren't enough, she is so excited to have started dance class again. She always tells me she wants to be in the Nutcracker when she "becomes an adult." What 3 year old has a goal like that?

Both Eva and Ella start gymnastics tomorrow and although Eva doesn't know what's in store for her, Ella does and she, again, is super excited. This girl cannot get enough! Eva really wants to stay in school with Ella when she's dropped off and she wants to dance with her in dance class. So I figured it was time to get Eva involved in something of her own.

Aside from all that, I'm starting up our homeschool with the girls. They get so excited when I ask them, "do you want to do school now?" Their faces just light up! This week with Eva we're learning about cows, letter A, number 1, and squares. Ella is learning about the continents and the sound "ck" and how to tell time on a clock.

So if you don't see as many posts, it's obviously because I'm so busy! But I'll try to keep updating as much as possible.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, cool. I want to hear about the new job when you get used to it.

It wasn't long ago that I failed to teach a 7-year-old how to tell time on a clock...in three sessions, with a mock up clock. The girls are so bright. (And I'm not so hot a teacher.)

Alissa said...

Congrats on the job! My mom and I love Stampin Up! That is so cool. I also am way interested on your teaching methods with your girls. Do you use a workbook or anything to get ideas? Let me know if you wouldn't mind, here is my email digitalscrapper4@gmail.com and that would be great! Thanks!

Natalie said...

Denise,
I found your blog through Kristen's. I love the pictures of your girls---soooooo cute. Yeah!! I'm happy to have this connection to people so I can see what you are doing.
Love,
Natalie

LITTLE MISS said...

Oooh... I LOVE Stampin' UP! (I have tons of stamps, mostly full of good intentions that never really get used) but go you!!

And homeschooling? Bless your heart...

Anonymous said...

It ends.

The blog ends where the job begins.

Stampin Up! Bloggin' down.

Hello! Goodbye. B-b-b-buh-bye. :(

Melissa and Dave said...

come back to us Denise!!!