Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Aundi's notes

Our nanny is the greatest. We love her and we’re so glad she’s in our lives! Every day she writes me a note about what she did with the girls that day, what activities they did, and, best of all, the funny things the girls said and did. As a working mother, you really cherish those little notes.

The following are excerpts from her notes in the last couple months. Most are about Ella since she talks so much now. I’m sure, as the year goes on, Eva will talk more for Aundi to write about. I know I’m looking forward to it!

-----------------

Today Ella asked if she could wash her hands, then have a piece of candy, and then wash her hands again. Then I saw a light go on in her head, and she said, “Hey, it’s a pattern. Wash, eat, wash.” Not only did she figure out that it was a pattern, she found THE pattern of life. Wash, eat, wash. This girl is going places.

Ansel [Eva and Ella’s little friend] met us at the aquarium, so they got to play a little bit. I overheard Ella say to Ansel, “Just trust me on this, okay?” I don’t know what it was about, but it sounded important!

We went to Barnes & Noble this afternoon. Ella had to go potty while we were there, and while she was going she said in a loud voice, “My poop is soft!” Too which I replied, “that’s nice, Ella.” And then she said equally loud, “It is soft because I eat my broccoli.” I’m sure that was very amusing for everyone in the bathroom!

This morning Ella said, “Big bird looks like a big ugly scrambled egg.” I almost died laughing! I never thought about it that way, but she is right!

Today at gymnastics Eva pulled down her pants in the middle of class and said, “potty.” I think she is almost ready to start potty training. [She’s totally potty trained now. And so proud of herself!]

Today Ella got a huge smile on her face and I asked her what she was smiling about. She replied, “Last night I dreamt about Omi and cupcakes!”

-----------------

This last one might be a little sketchy. I wasn’t sure if I should put it on this blog, I don’t want to offend anyone, but it was so stinking cute! And you know, having a doctor in the house we don’t use nicknames for particular body parts. So I’ll edit it a bit. Please insert the appropriate words....

(Ella and Eva are in the bathroom having the following conversation):
Ella: Eva, I have a _________, you have a _________, momma has a _________. Girls have a _________. Boys have _________. Daddy has a _________.
Eva: Oooooo!
Ella: I have a _________. Look, see. That’s my _________, Eva.
Eva: Oooooo! Cool Ella!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Denise, they are growing up so fast. I love the pattern of life...wash, eat, wash. So true!

Melissa and Dave said...

hip hip hurray! you're back! love it! keep posting them, they make me laugh.

Melissa and Dave said...

p.s. can you tell I'm excited to see your post ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Smiths said...

You are so lucky to have a nanny that does that for you! How awesome!